LAS Cardiac Research:
Hawkes, C., Brown, T., Booth, S., et al. (2019). Attitudes to cardiopulmonary resuscitation and defibrillator use: a survey of UK adults in 2017. Journal of the American Heart Association, 8(7): e008267.
Brown, T., Booth, S., Hawkes, C., et al. (2019). Characteristics of neighborhoods with high incidence of out-of-hospital cardiac arrests and low bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation rates in England. European Heart Journal, 5(1), 51-62.
Fothergill, R., Emmerson, A., Iyer, R., et al. (2019). Repeated adrenaline doses and survival from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Resuscitation, 138, 316-321.
Edwards, T., Williams, J., & Cottee, M. (2019). Influence of prehospital airway management on neurological outcome in patients transferred to a heart attack centre following out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Emergency Medicine Australasia, 31, 76-82.
Patterson, T., Perkins, A., Perkins, G., et al. (2018). Rationale and design of: A Randomised tRial of Expedited transfer to a cardiac arrest center for non-ST elevation out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: The ARREST randomized controlled trial. American Heart Journal, 204, 92-101.
Perkins, G. D., Ji, C., Deakin, C., et al. (2018). A Randomized Trial of Epinephrine in Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest (PARAMEDIC2). New England Journal of Medicine, 379, 711-721.
Rathod, K. S., Koganti, S., Iqbal, M. B. et al (2017). Contemporary trends in cardiogenic shock: Incidence, intra-aortic balloon pump utilisation and outcomes from the London Heart Attack Group. European Heart Journal Acute Cardiovascular Care, 7(1), 16–27.
Smith, C. M., Lim Choi Keung S. N., Khan, M. O., et al (2017). Barriers and facilitators to public access defibrillation in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a systematic review. European Heart Journal – Quality of Care and Clinical Outcomes, 3(4), 264-273.
Emmerson, A., Whitbread, M., & Fothergill, R. (2017). Double sequential defibrillation therapy for out-of-hospital cardiac arrests: The London experience. Resuscitation, 117, 97-101.
Patterson, T., Perkins, G. D., Joseph, J., et al (2017). A Randomised tRial of Expedited transfer to a cardiac arrest centre for non-ST elevation ventricular fibrillation out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: The ARREST pilot randomised trial. Resuscitation, 115, 185-191.
Bowles, C. T., Hards, R., Wrightson, N., et al (2017). Algorithms to guide ambulance clinicians in the management of emergencies in patients with implanted rotary left ventricular assist devices. Emergency Medicine Journal, 34, 842-850.
Hawkes, C., Booth, S., Ji, C., et al (2017). Epidemiology and outcomes from out-of-hospital cardiac arrests in England. Resuscitation, 110, 133-140.
- Perkins, G.D., Quinn, T., Deakin, C. D., et al. (2016). Pre-hospital Assessment of the Role of Adrenaline: Measuring the Effectiveness of Drug administration In Cardiac arrest (PARAMEDIC-2): Trial protocol. Resuscitation, 108: 75-81.
- Lewis, T.L., Fothergill, R. T., & Karthikesalingam, A. (2016). Ambulance smartphone tool for field triage of ruptured aortic aneurysms (FILTR): study protocol for a prospective observational validation of diagnostic accuracy. BMJ Open, 6(10): e011308.
- Perkins, G.D. & Brace-McDonnell, S. J. (2015).The UK Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrest Outcome (OHCAO) project. BMJ Open, 5(10): e008736.
- Edwards, M.J., and Fothergill, R. T. (2015). Exercise-related sudden cardiac arrest in London: incidence, survival and bystander response. Open Heart, 2(1): e000281.
- Fothergill, R., Brace-McDonnell, S. J., & Perkins, G. D. (2014). Variation in epidemiology and outcomes from cardiac arrest. Resuscitation, 85(11): 1610-1.
- Deakin, C.D., Fothergill, R., Moore, F., Watson, L., & Whitbread, M. (2014). Level of consciousness on admission to a Heart Attack Centre is a predictor of survival from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Resuscitation, 85(7): 905-9.
- Freese, J.P., Jorgenson, D. B., Liu, P. Y., et al. (2014). Response to letter regarding article, “waveform analysis-guided treatment versus a standard shock-first protocol for the treatment of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest presenting in ventricular fibrillation: results of an international randomized, controlled trial”. Circulation, 129(23): e649.
- Fothergill, R.T., Watson, L. R., Virdi, G. K., Moore, F. P., & Whitbread, M. (2014). Survival of resuscitated cardiac arrest patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) conveyed directly to a Heart Attack Centre by ambulance clinicians. Resuscitation, 85(1): 96-8.
- Freese, J.P., Jorgenson, D. B., Liu, P. Y., et al. (2013). Waveform analysis-guided treatment versus a standard shock-first protocol for the treatment of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest presenting in ventricular fibrillation: results of an international randomized, controlled trial. Circulation, 128(9): 995-1002.
- Fothergill R. T., Watson L. R., Chamberlain, D., Virdi, G. K.,, Moore, F. P., Whitbread, M. (2013). Increases in survival from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a five year study. Resuscitation, 84(8): 1089–1092
- Dumas, F., Fahrenbruch, C., Hambly, C., et al. (2012). Predicting non-cardiac aetiology: a strategy to allocate rescue breathing during bystander CPR. Resuscitation, 83(1): 134-7.
- Donohoe, R.T., Innes, J., Gadd, S., et al. (2010). Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in patients aged 35 years and under: a 4-year study of frequency and survival in London. Resuscitation, 81(1): 36-41.
- Shah, A.S., Bhopal, R., Gadd, S., & Donohoe, R. (2010). Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in South Asian and white populations in London: database evaluation of characteristics and outcome. Heart, 96(1): 27-9.
- Rea, T.D., Fahrenbruch, C., Culley, L., et al. (2010). CPR with chest compression alone or with rescue breathing. New England Journal of Medicine, 363(5): 423-33.